Submit an Exhibit Proposal
The Southeastern Connecticut Cultural Coalition and Connecticut Airport Authority (CAA) established an art in the airport program at Groton – New London Airport in the Fall of 2017. The program’s purpose is to showcase the region’s uniqueness, history, industry, culture and geography through visual arts in the airport’s main terminal located at 155 Tower Avenue in Groton.
Interested in having an exhibit at the Aiport? Here’s a few details:
- Art displays are popular with both airport guests and the media
- Increasingly, airport art displays expand opportunities to promote regional artists to new audiences through social media
- The terminal building at Groton – New London Airport is open daily from 7 am to 6 pm, and as needed to accommodate business operations.
- Busy season for the airport is typically April through mid-November
- Terminal parking is easily accessible and free to the public
- Exhibit can be from a community organization, arts organization, individual artist or group of artists
- Exhibitor is responsible for coordinating exhibit with Airport and installing artwork
An example of the layout and dimensions available for wall art exhibition space is:
- Sixteen (16) Horizontal Panels OD at 1′ 11 1/2″ by 1′ 8 1/2″
- Four (4) Vertical Panels OD 1′ 7 1/2″ by 2′ 1/2″
- 55’ total linear wall space allows for each panel to hang 8 inches away from the next.
Procedures to Submit a Proposal:
Send your letter/email of interest to: Wendy Bury, Executive Director, Southeastern CT Cultural Coalition, W.Bury@CultureSECT.org
Letter should include name of organization/artist, contact person, subject of exhibit, brief description of exhibit and artwork included (type, quantity, format) and time of year preferred.
Need More Information? For more information about this exciting initiative, contact: Catherine Young, Connecticut Airport Authority, (860) 445/8549 or (860) 625/0375