To submit Call for Artists, Job Opening, Internship, Board and/or Volunteer Opportunity for your organization, please CLICK HERE. This is not an events calendar.
*Note: You MUST be a registered Partner to submit opportunity. (If you are not a registered Partner, please register to become a Partner (it’s FREE and easy!).
Executive Assistant for Goodspeed Musicals
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT to work closely with Goodspeed Musicals’ Executive Director and senior leadership of the organization in handling communications and scheduling for the Executive Director. Responsibilities include acting as Board of Trustees liaison, handling sensitive and/or confidential information that involves the office of the Executive Director, and calendar management for the office as well as other members of the organization. Part-time position includes occasional weekends and evenings. More info: https://bit.ly/2NZPsOO
Costume Mistress at Eastern Connecticut Ballet
Eastern Connecticut Ballet is looking for a self-motivated individual to assume the position of costume mistress.
• Design, pattern and sew costumes and accessories for performances
• Make alterations
• Manage organization and cleanliness of the costume room
• Prepare to transport costumes and accessories to the theater on days of the shows
• Assist dancers with wardrobe during tech rehearsals and performances at the theater
• Maintain and order materials to sew new costumes
• Contact costume suppliers when needed and verify inventory
• Organize costume fittings
• Organize costume crew volunteers and assign tasks
Busy times include:
• September through mid-December for ECB’s Spooktacular and The Nutcracker
• January through May for preparation of ECB’s Spring Showcase
This position is part time and the schedule may be flexible. To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Director at Essex Winter Series
The Administrative Director is responsible for the technical and administrative functions of the organization. This position reports to the Board of Trustees and collaborates with the Artistic Director and Graphic Designer; and supervises the Fulfillment Manager and Concert Coordinator.
• Ensures that all insurance policies are current and provide adequate coverage (liability, D&O, event insurance);
• Ensures that annual reports with the Secretary of State and CT Public Charities are filed on time;
• Maintains communication with scholarship recipients and colleges/universities and provides payment upon confirmation of successful enrollment;
• Prepares program advertising solicitation packets; tracks ad agreements, including submission of payment and artwork;
• Sets up each new season in ArtsPeople with regard to concert dates and ticket prices;
• Maintains annual subscriptions for web hosting and email.
• Manages the Membership and Annual Appeal campaigns, including preparing mailing lists and solicitation materials;
• Writes grant proposals for State and community funding opportunities and prepares all final reports for funders;
• Assists with preparation for FBEAC benefit concert, including invitations, tracking responses, necessary rental items, artist fees, and catering support;
• Record all donations in ArtsPeople and prepare tax acknowledgement letters.
• Prepares bank deposits and reconciles all online purchases through PayPal and ArtsPeople;
• Makes payments to vendors upon receipt of invoices or purchase orders;
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliations for review by the Treasurer;
• Prepares financial documentation for the annual review and tax return preparation;
• Prepares all vendor 1099 forms and federal and state wage reports;
• Manages all financial reports and payments to BMI for music licensing;
• Work with board in establishing annual budgets; maintain QuickBooks data and prepare budget reports as needed.
• Prepares and distributes press releases for all concerts and special events;
• Maintains and updates the EWS website content;
• Develops and implements a marketing and advertising plan for each season within the parameters of the budget; works with Graphic Designer on print ad preparation; writes copy for radio and electronic advertising;
• Manages all EWS electronic marketing, including Constant Contact promotional emails and social media communications;
• Coordinates design, printing, and mailing of season brochure and other collateral;
• Writes copy for Outreach, FBEAC, and Membership/Donor sections of the printed program;
• Works with Graphic Designer and Artistic Director to proof and finalize program design.
• Secures concert venues, including custodial staff and local police presence;
• Prepares artist contracts, collects biographies and photos for use in EWS publications and marketing;
• Manages Concert Coordinator to ensure that concerts are properly advanced; that equipment and instrument rentals are secured; sound and light technicians are scheduled; and load-in/load-out timelines are established;
• Manages Fulfillment Manager to ensure that ticket orders are filled in a timely manner; that on-site box office is set up and functional at least one hour prior to each concert;
• Assist with artist hospitality.
Please send resume with two letters of recommendation to email@example.com
Director of Finance and Operations at The Light House
With a mission to educate and prepare individuals for life, The Light House is a non-profit located in Southeastern Connecticut specializing in disabilities services and support. Joining The Light House means joining a team of staff that continually searches for creative and alternative methods towards the common goal of success for each individual that we work with. The Light House offers opportunities for ongoing training, hands on experience, and collaboration that makes our organization a vibrant and engaging place to work.
The Light House is seeking an experienced Director of Finance and Operations. The Director of Finance and Operations is a key member of the central office administration supporting the Executive Director (ED) and Division Leadership Team. This role operates as a senior level advisor and strategic partner to the ED across a breadth of strategic, operational, quality governance, personnel, fiscal & programmatic initiatives/activities, deliverables and special projects identified by the ED as critical to the overall success of the organization. This individual heads the Finance, Facilities, and Transportation Departments; coordinating, and supervising the day‐to‐day business operations of a multifaceted agency. LightHouse Director of Finance and Operations Job Posting for full job description and application information.
Goodspeed Musicals – various positions, including:
Kids Company Academy Teaching Artist
Electrics apprentice/spotlight operator (New)
Audio Apprentice/Audio Swing
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, availability and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Goodspeed Musicals is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women.
Click HERE for complete list.
Stonington Historical Society Business Manager
Stonington Historical Society has an opening for a part-time Business Manager. The applicant will have experience in nonprofit accounting/bookkeeping, QuickBooks, non-profit policy and procedures, and MS Office products (especially Excel). Hours are 12 – 15 per week and can be flexible. The Stonington Historical Society operates two museums seasonally, a library and research center year round, and conducts numerous fundraising initiatives and events that include events, annual appeals, grant applications, and more. Please contact Elizabeth Wood with a resume or summary of relevant experiences at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Katherine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center- Old Saybrook
The Kate keeps a roster of sound and lighting technicians to join or supplement house crew. To be considered, send material and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Kate Tech Crew.”
The Kate is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Bar/Concessions staff. This position is part-time/as needed. Scheduling is completed in month blocks at least 2 weeks in advance and is based on the Kate’s production/show schedule. This position requires evenings/weekends but has great flexibility in scheduling. Shifts are typically 3-5 hours. Bar/Concessions Staff is responsible for preparing Bar/Concessions for shows, keep the space clean, Point of Sales system/handling money, and restocking.