Town of North Stonington ARPA
TOWN OF NORTH STONINGTON – $15k ARP FUNDS TO SUPPORT ARTS, CULTURE & TOURISM
In August 2021, the North Stonington First Selectman presented recommendations for budget allocations and plans for the Town’s American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds.
Approved by the Board of Selectmen and Board of Finance, the Cultural Coalition will administer $15,000 to support local arts & culture.
OUR PLAN & HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
The Cultural Coalition is planning the following:
- Beginning in early October 2021 (see below to register and attend one or more) through December, we’ll host regular monthly North Stonington ARPA for Arts & Culture Zoom Meetings to:
- provide updates and information
- hear from local arts & cultural organizations, artists and creative businesses about your ideas/needs/projects
- encourage, help develop, and catalyze collaborative opportunities among various entities
- By end of 2021 & 2022 – proceed with a plan to implement the North Stonington ARPA funds for Arts & Culture
SIGN UP HERE to receive notifications about zoom meetings, updates on ARP funding activities.
READI (Relevance, Equity, Access, Diversity, Inclusion) & Anti-Racism
Equity, inclusion and access involving all populations are critical to the vitality of our neighborhoods, towns and cities. We are committed to supporting and fully engaging diverse members of our communities in arts policy, practice and decision making.
– Cultural Coalition and CT Office of the Arts