City of Norwich ARP
CITY OF NORWICH – $500k ARP FUNDS TO SUPPORT ARTS, CULTURE & TOURISM
In July, Norwich City Manager, John Salomone, presented a budget and plan for the City’s American Rescue Plan (ARP) funds.
Included in the plan is a partnership with the Cultural Coalition to administer $500,000 to support local arts & culture. The plan was supported by the City Council in September.
OUR PLAN & HOW TO GET INVOLVED
The Cultural Coalition is planning the following:
- Beginning in early October, we’ll host twice monthly Norwich ARP for Arts & Culture Zoom Meetings (see below to sign up to attend) through December to:
- provide updates and information
- hear from local arts & cultural organizations, artists and creative businesses about your ideas/needs/projects
- encourage, help develop, and catalyze collaborative opportunities
- October/November – hire a PT Norwich Arts & Culture Coordinator to serve as a dedicated arts & cultural coordinator for City of Norwich who will:
- have arts & cultural administration, economic & community development, and relevant background
- understand artistic/arts & culture best practices, national and state trends, and data/research
- cultivate opportunities for collaboration, innovation and recovery
- address impact of pandemic on arts, culture and tourism
- focus on downtown, surrounding neighborhoods and the greater Norwich community
- engage with diverse BIPOC communities of City, including youth, students, families, elderly
- integrate with and support City and NCDC strategic plans and goals as possible
- track funds according to ARP reporting requirements and provide reports to City as required
- By end of 2021 – Open Norwich ARP for Arts & Culture Grants application portal to arts & cultural businesses (nonprofit and for-profit) and artists. Note: applications will require at least three (3) entities to collaborate with one lead applicant. Grant applications must support the following strategic goals:
- Develop arts & culture based beautification projects
- Manage perception of Norwich
- Coordinate and promote arts, culture, history, and heritage events and activities
To read our full plan for the $500k, Norwich ARP 1% arts RECOMMENDATIONS FINAL 7.2.21.
SIGN UP HERE to receive notifications about zoom meetings, updates on ARP funding activities, and, in the future, to connect with the Norwich Arts & Culture Coordinator.
REGISTER HERE for Meeting on Wednesday, October 6 from 11:30 to 12:30 via Zoom
FUTURE MEETINGS TBA
READI (Relevance, Equity, Access, Diversity, Inclusion) & Anti-Racism
Equity, inclusion and access involving all populations are critical to the vitality of our neighborhoods, towns and cities. We are committed to supporting and fully engaging diverse members of our communities in arts policy, practice and decision making.
– Cultural Coalition and CT Office of the Arts