Funding Booster Program
Our FUNDING BOOSTER PROGRAM provides and coordinates workshops, activities, online resources and technical support that will improve Southeastern CT’s arts and cultural nonprofits’ ability to capitalize on local, state, New England and federal grant opportunities.
Under our leadership, this program partners with CT Office of the Arts, Community Foundation of Eastern CT, CT Humanities, New England Foundation for the Arts and Office of U.S. Rep Joe Courtney, CT 2nd District.
Our Funding Booster Program aims to improve New London’s and Southeastern CT’s arts and cultural nonprofits’ ability to apply for and win grants and to increase state, regional and federal funding to the creative sector in our region.
SIGN UP FOR FREE! To receive information and notifications about our Funding Booster Program grant clinics, grant opportunities, available technical support, and grant news. If you are a registered Cultural Coalition partners, you can sign up to receive notifications about our FREE Funding Booster Program activities so we can help you apply for and win grants, click HERE.
How Covid-19 is Affecting Grantmakers & Its Impact on Arts & Culture – Online Info. Session
Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020 from 10-11am on Zoom
FREE for Cultural Coalition Partners and the public.
Advance registration required HERE.
Stay tuned for announcements about Fall 2020 clinics, workshops, resources, and information, including:
- Grant Alerts & Information – information about available operating, program and project grants, criteria for applying, deadlines, requirements to support your organization
- Grant Rating Guide – rating system to show ease/difficulty of different grant applications (local, state and federal), grant management requirements, grant reporting requirements, turnaround time of decisions and delivery of funding, and scale of beginner to expert grant writer required. Ratings will be a simple emoji-based system.
- Grant Information Sessions & Online Resources – learn about available grants and walk through the application process
- Drop In Grant Clinics – unstructured time with staff and professional grant writers to provide familiarization, technical support and advice for applicants
- Calendar of Events – information about other organizations’ grant support activities, workshops, and programs
Getting Started – All the things you wish you knew before applying…
Presentation by Jessica Morozovich – Funding Booster Program
As a regional organization with a bird’s eye view of the arts and cultural sector in our region, we have paid attention to grant awards to those we serve, and we work with funders who provide grants to this region. Historical and published data indicates that New London and Southeastern CT nonprofit arts and cultural organizations are underrepresented in applications to local, state and federal grants and therefore are not capitalizing on grant opportunities, and corresponding available dollars. We have received similar information from funders that have made a concerted effort to attract more applications from this region.
Our survey of nonprofits showed barriers and challenges to applying for grants include:
- Awareness of opportunities, availability, eligibility
- Confidence and/or belief in ability to win award
- Grant writer availability
- Technical skills (narrative, budget, etc.)
- Staff or volunteer time available
- Complexity of application
- Matching funds requirement
- Grant management
- Grant reporting
Support for this program has been generously provided by the Frank Loomis Palmer Fund, Bank of America, Trustee, N.A.