Call for Proposals
Want to be featured at Thrive! 2018?
Request for Proposals – Breakout Sessions
We are excited to announce THRIVE! 2018 will be on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at the Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center. It will be another great event full of presentations, speakers, networking and sharing. The event is designed for our 540+ partners – the community involved in creating, promoting and supporting arts, culture, and history in Southeastern Connecticut. More event info coming soon!
At our first THRIVE! in 2016 (click HERE for recap), we featured six fantastic breakout sessions that were a highlight for attendees. After the event, the speakers told us about the exposure they received from being featured and about new connections and collaborations as a result. Attendees learned about exciting work being done right here in our region.
Want to share your work with your peers and raise awareness of your organization or business, or program or project?
We are looking for 6 to 8 presenters for this year’s event.
Breakout session speakers will present the same session twice, 20 minutes with 10 min. for Q & A. Full AV available. Presentation with other visuals (ppt, video, photos, etc.) encouraged.
Here is what we are looking for in our THRIVE! 2018 breakout sessions:
1) Relevance to the arts, cultural, heritage and creative sector in Southeastern CT
2) Diversity of topics and speakers, including geographic, ethnic, types of art forms, nonprofit and for-profits, audiences served, and programs, projects or products
3) Examples of hidden gems, innovative work, community impact, and successful business models
4) Professional development opportunities, including best practices and models/templates for collaborative programs or projects
5) Models of innovation, including overcoming challenges and adapting to changing times
6) Examples of social impact of the arts, including social justice, economic, public health, transportation, housing, environment, community development, education, etc.
Want to have your business, organization, program, or project featured, please fill out this simple THRIVE! 2018 RFP FORM to tell us more. If we have any questions or need more information, we will contact you.
Deadline is August 10, 2018.