For our Municipalities
The Cultural Coalition serves core constituencies: arts and cultural organizations, entities and individuals that make up the creative community, and twenty-one (21) municipalities in New London County; to benefit Southeastern CT’s residents, employees and visitors.
Towns Served: Bozrah | Colchester | East Lyme | Franklin | Griswold | Groton | Lebanon | Ledyard | Lisbon | Lyme | Montville | New London | North Stonington | Norwich | Old Lyme | Preston | Salem | Sprague | Stonington | Voluntown | Waterford
Increased Municipal Services
Our arts and cultural partners need us now more than ever, and the Cultural Coalition’s work with municipalities is key to their sustainability, recovery and the long road back to thriving.
Throughout the pandemic, the Cultural Coalition has responded to the immediate needs of our partners to help them navigate information, provide updates and convene our sector. Our work has been instrumental in helping businesses, elected officials, and arts and cultural leaders stay informed to make critical decisions.
In alignment with our Strategic Plan 2020-2025 “Together We THRIVE,” the Cultural Coalition will continue to expand services for municipalities beyond arts & cultural advising and project support. We will assist municipalities to ensure that arts and culture are integral to the town’s economic development efforts and help them identify and leverage their own unique arts and cultural assets.
2021 Municipal Support
Arts & Cultural Communications
- Cultural Coalition will continue to provide monthly regional arts & cultural update – key data and relevant information – to municipal CEOs at Southeastern CT Council of Governments meetings
Arts & Cultural Integral to Economic Development
- Serve as a partner and support for municipalities seeking to form municipal Cultural Districts to expand tax base, increase foot traffic, and promote arts and cultural assets (Learn more about Connecticut municipal Cultural Districts and HERE
- Work with the municipality to include arts and culture in municipal Plans of Conservation and Development
- Conduct a Plans of Conservation and Development (POCD) analysis as part of a regional assessment
- Work with local and regional economic development agencies, including departments, commissions, committees (beautification, parks and recreation, arts councils) to advance local projects and priorities
Arts & Cultural Information & Data
- Serve as a resource for data, reports, technical support, and guidance regarding arts and culture
- Provide presentations about the economic impact of arts and culture to City Councils, Boards of Selectmen, economic development commissions, and community organizations
- Suggest relevant grant opportunities and information to help municipalities advance goals and projects
Arts & Cultural Assets
Our Municipal Services Program is supported by: